Frequently Asked Questions and COVID-19 Policy
Arrowhead Orchard COVID-19 Policy
We are committed to keeping you healthy and safe, but we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed to a communicable disease like COVID-19 during your visit with us, as there is an inherent risk of exposure in any public facility. We rely on you to do your part to protect yourself and your family too. We ask that you:
1) Stay home if someone in your family/group is sick, has a vulnerable immune system, or is considered at-risk as identified by the CDC – including those who are over the age of 65 or those who have severe underlying medical conditions.
2) Stay at home if you have the following symptoms: a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher; respiratory symptoms, such as dry cough or shortness of breath; sore throat; headache; body ache; chills; loss of taste or smell.
3) Wash and/or sanitize your hands frequently throughout your visit. Wear a mask when Stark County is at Level 3, CODE RED status.
4) Follow social distancing guidelines by
– Maintaining at least 6-feet of physical distance between groups.
– Refrain from gathering on site with friends or family in groups of more than 50.
5) Minors must have direct parental supervision at all times.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are your guidelines for COVID-19?
2020 guidelines in Applehouse Farm Market:
We are limiting the number of people allowed in the Applehouse Farm Market to 20. When there are significant numbers of people wanting to be in the market to shop, we will have a host regulating the numbers. Plexiglas has been installed at the point of sale counters. Employees are to wear a face mask or face shield in the market area. Point of sale counters are being wiped down frequently with an approved sanitizer. Please wear a face mask while shopping and remember social distancing practices. We anticipate crowds to grow more as we enter fall.
2020 guidelines for the Fall Activities:
Our 100 acre farm and orchard has plenty of space for our guests to enjoy the fresh air and outdoors. We are doing all we can to make you feel welcome and safe. First, we have increased days & hours of operation for the fall activities to include both Fridays & Mondays. This will allow for senior citizens, families & groups to come to the orchard to enjoy all of the activities away from the busy weekend days. Upon entering the fall activity area, there will be signage reminding people of safety guidelines; to stay home if feeling sick, social distancing and to wear a mask in confined areas, particularly when on the wagon ride and train cart ride. Picnic tables, counters, wagons and carts will be sprayed and/or wiped down frequently with an approved, body friendly sanitizer. Portable hand wash stations will be in or near the vendor areas, play areas, u-pick orchards, pumpkin patches, sunflower fields and port-a-jon facilities. We have invited licensed food trucks to provide a safe environment for food handling. Our outdoor employees are to wear a face mask or face shield to assure our guests feel comfortable and safe. We have increased the number of hay wagons to assist social distancing. Your patience through these trying times are appreciated. We thank you for your business. Without you we would not exist.
2. Are dogs allowed on the farm, orchards or in the Applehouse Farm Market?
SERVICE DOGS ONLY will be permitted inside and outside of the market, in the orchards or the fields and patches. Pets and emotional support animals will NOT be permitted. Arrowhead Orchard and many of our customers love our fur friends. So, we feel this policy is necessary to keep our pets and customers safe.
3. How much per pound is it for U-pick apples? How does the pricing work?
We sell 10lb or 20lb u-pick bags that you can fill to the top. Price range from $10-$30. Most varieties are priced at $0.75 to $1.00 per pound. Specialty apples, such as Honeycrisp, are priced at $1.50 per pound.
By entering the property, you fully acknowledge that there is a risk of exposure to COVID-19, a disease that can lead to severe illness and death, along with other common communicable diseases. Further, you fully accept such risks and agree to hold harmless Arrowhead Orchard LLC along with its owners & staff should any issue result in injury, illness or death.